Metropolitan Hospital Nairobi is seeking qualified applicants to fill the position of Optometrist Intern. Kindly read through the following requirements and apply incase you feel you're a good fit:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle eyecare emergencies
- Perform thorough and comprehensive routine eye inspections for targeted age groups and patient with chronic conditions.
- Perform vision tests and analyze results for employees, corporates, and other scheduled clients.
- Diagnose and correct refractive errors.
- Maintain accurate medical files for all patients.
- Promote eye health by teaching patients about proper eye care techniques.
- Assess eye defects and diseases originating from chronic diabetes and liver failure.
- Record all diagnosis and treatment plans including transfers and therapeutic prescriptions as per the hospital policy.
- Develop and get approval for eye care standard operating procedures.
- Build strong working relationship with consultant ophthalmologist and other clinical teams in managing patients with eye care.
- Work with the community outreach program team to schedule targeted.
- Build strong doctor-patient relationships.
Quality of care.
- Comply with Metropolitan Hospital Quality and risk policy.
- Comply with IPC protocols in managing patients in clinical and community set up.
Confidentiality and privacy.
- Ensure compliance with healthcare standards code of conduct.
- Comply with the data protection act.
- Bachelor’s degree in optometry and vision sciences from a recognized university is preferred.
- Minimum of Diploma in Optometry from a recognized training college.
- Registered with Optometrists Association of Kenya.
- 1 year & above
Knowledge, Skills and Personal Attributes
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent communicator
- Customer Oriented
- Exhibits role model qualities
- Able to multitask and make convenient decisions
- Result oriented
- Strong and pleasant personality
How to Apply
Please send your application to our email on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested applicants must send updated C.Vs and relevant testimonials by 17th July , 2022.
N.B Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Metropolitan Hospital is an all-time equal employment opportunity provider.