Metropolitan Hospital was founded by a group of healthcare professional in mid-1994 on the belief that it was possible to offer quality, cost effective and affordable healthcare services. Over the years we have grown from 40 beds when the hospital was started to a 150-bed facility that is the most comprehensively equipped medical facility in the eastern part of Nairobi.
Metropolitan Hospital has identified cost leadership and strategic brand positioning as the basis of its growth. The reasons for this choice are as follows
- We are a community owned hospital with over 500 shareholders
- We are located within the large Eastlands community in Nairobi
- We are the largest, most equipped hospital in Eastlands. We offer more comprehensive services than our competitors in this area.
- Personal service is very important in the service industry. We offer more personalized service than our competitors. While we cannot offer as personal a service as a sole medical practitioner can, we offer greater convenience due to our integrated and wider scope of services.
- We have over 100 contracted medical consultants who can provide the benefit of personal service within an enabling and supportive infrastructure.
The hospital is located on its own 3-acre site on Rabai Road Buruburu Phase III Estate. We are easily Accessible to clients using both public and private means.